Monday, August 23, 2010

"Conversations with an angel"

Sitting @ Sanewadi residential grounds in my neighborhood at Pune, is in itself a re leaving experience, peace is within would not sound appropriate here. Granny's sporting an I pod, walking with their Nike and Rebook sneakers on, Middle aged women testing the depth of their lower abdominal fat, every two inches they walk, Affluent teenagers on their cellphones, some blushing as they talk, others flaunting their phones, Chotu's and the aaya's taming the headaches of their respective masters,Birds those are trained to be silent and dogs who cannot fight with each other, Sanewadi ground is a place you have a rep from each block of the society.

Holding her hands and watching this absolutely peaceful empty space in the midst of a residential complex was exhilarating , happiness was just oozing out. Bushes untrimmed and overgrown, clinging to the walls pathways and the electric posts, thick patch of lush green grass with a tint of dewdrops, couldn't be better for a cozy little conversation. Her eyes showed the pleasure of a child clinging on to her father, cheeks of hers touching the shoulders, hair combed to reflect a school going kid blocking the sight and whispering on my face, she is magic.

While talking, chit chatting we saw a kid and his dog playing, with her penchant for pets, or her untimely humor sense, she said "I had a German shepherd first, then my dad gifted me a doberman and now I have scooby (don't know the breed just the name), if everything works fine between you and me I'll have you soon". I laughed, that was something which came from nowhere, like a Muralidharan doosra, caught be plum, but one thing it did not hurt, the smile grew to a burst of laughter and now it's a joke to share, conversations with an angel, is straight talk.

No comments: