Thursday, October 7, 2010

A dream to wake up for !!!!!!

Living an intentional life has been quite a dream. Intentional living is nothing,it's the most simplest of stuff to be said and not done. Have you heard of something similar "Will power is not climbing mountains and beating the world, it's as simple as not eating a chocolate when you have decided not to". It's at a very higher level delaying gratification. Delaying subtle pleasures of life for a bigger dream, an aim or a target to be reached.

Tuesday the 5th of October 2010,Pune was flooded, in a span of two hours of rain, the new face of developing India was under water. It's inhabitants like a set of roosting birds, could be seen perched everywhere water couldn't get them.Riding a bike from Hadapsar to Aundh, in itself is a challenge, coming to work a challenge, riding back another one and @ work a plethora of them to deal with. Yeah me the challenge man !!!!.Don't misunderstand, underwear is still underneath the pants, and raising hands does not defy gravity!!!!. Three hours in rain, drenched and walking into a home without power would have been just another day, if not I hadn't received that call.

Manager rings up @ 11:45 and intimates that, there's a meeting and I need to be up by 6:00 am. Drenched to the core, drying my clothes, with a heavy head on my shoulders, I slept off in five minutes. The alarm rang, I was up in a flash, made tea and was ready in no time and then this thought creep-ed in. Haven't I been planning to wake up early for a lifetime now, the same alarm rings everyday, just to get rescheduled another 5 times, what's that brought me up today. Was that meeting inspiring enough a cause.

Is waking up everyday without a dream, a dream compelling enough to be chased, worth the efforts.For the last 26 years of my life I have been waking up because sleep died out, there was something @ work, had to complete impositions, project, homework, had to by-heart something for examinations etc. Will a day break with a dream to be chased, will a dream to be pursued wake me up, will that alarm clock symbolizing worldly compulsions be replaced with an eternal call, I hope it does, otherwise a dog's death is imminent.

No comments: