Monday, October 25, 2010

The lost bag and Terror !!!!!!

Terrorism sucks, people get killed and there is a lot of blood shed. Young men are lined up in the name of religion, some get into it for money and the rest because they didn't have much to do. Clerics and Military leaders, with different approaches to the same output, Politicians and arms dealers composing music for the same movie, the word terrorism has gained huge significance in every society in the world.

Now however bad an Ideology is or however irrelevant the Ideology is it has some positive outcomes. I am not cheer leading anything or being happy about anything here, but then any Ideology comes with an expiry date, might be it's the expiry date associated to the leaders who preached it, or to the society in which a certain condition prevailed etc. Parties based on Communism for example are allegedly pulling down the economic growth rate of certain states in our country.

Anyways, after a long day @ work, I had plans to eat cheese Masala dosa at a joint next to my home. Yeah yummy cheese masala dosa, a north Indian variant of an exceptionally good south Indian dish. While eating the dosa, I had to keep my laptop bag down, didn't want work to come between me and the delicacy. Dosa was tasty,too tasty that it made me forget not just the work but the bag as well. I paid the bill and moved on to my favorite milk shop. Milk packets usually go to the front zip of the bag and with the bag being not present, front zip was inaccessible !!!!.I Rode the bike back at a speed that would have won me some accolades in case it was a race, people rather hurled some sweet words in Marathi.

The ride back was 3 minutes to the max, my mind wandered to the local police station, where I would meet the pot bellied, tobacco chewing sub inspector, who would racially discriminate me and probably ask me to pay for registering a complaint and then the rest to investigate (In EMI's). Images of my manager, the asset team,and questions on how could you forget the bag, and then the confirmation stamp of irresponsibility from colleagues around. Thoughts just drove me nuts, parked the bike without checking out the hot babe in pink, ran to the restaurant. My bag was lying there with three onlookers speculating about the probabilities of an explosion. Yes no one dared to touch it, people were just about to wait and initiate a call for cops to come an do something about it.

Yeah, the society we live in are scared, shit scared of dying in a blast. Why not because as a tax payer we have seen these onslaughts for over a decade now, every nook and corner of the country has experienced a bit. But then the ride back home was soothing, why not I saved a lot of money, probably a good amount of time and last but not least did not add to my already damaged image " The happy go lucky guy". There are times in life, you would have thanked enemies, like I thank my ex- girlfriends father (marrying at that age would have been a disaster), On the ride back I thought, that terrorism has done certain things that are significant : Now we do not take anything lying on the street, We check on the Identity of the people we rent homes, We avoid crowded places at days when being @ home is a different level of fun altogether. Might be there is disagreement, but then not for the sheer trauma we are in, there is no way that I would have got my bag back !!!!!.

No comments: